Gap in lectures dates were presentation by students.
- More on qualifying exam:
- Decided Date:
- + -
Questions concepts and hints:
- A web server needed to serve millions of users, how can we improve performance?
how to make it work at good efficiency?
- + -
solution that can be based on SW
- Which web-server is better? apache ...
for scaleability, thread-base technology is more efficient bcus it allows for many threads at same time
apply the concept of a cache.
- light-weight framework solution
1. thread instead of process
2. caching instead of database (voice memo, min8)
scienario, stock markets update database values while in cache that won't be updated immediately! what should we do?
cashed copy of the data, delete ...
- Web-Server Or Application Server? Which one should u use? (voice memo, min12)
- Web-log and webSphere
- Integration of
- Apache WebServer
- Independent javaee
- DNS mechanism matter to the performance as well
- + -
solution that can be based on HW (voice memo, ~min18)
- In one paragraph, explain how to design RSS technology? Logical design (voice memo, min35)
- roughly desing can be based on concepts ... i.e.
- xml and html
- multiple-threading desing
- rss is based on Pulling info from rss server, not server Pushing
- topics ranging between (memo, min43)
- java prog
- xml and its uses and validation
- ... and similar
- test format (memo, min42)
- multiple choices
- some question type answers
- some questions design questions (i.e. given example).
- [IMPORTANT] related resources:
- Go through prof's pdf tutorials
- java tutorials ...
- intro to web services
- Lookup voice memo on iphone: 11/7/2013 (three things were mentioned)
- paused and resume at min33
- Program's notes:
- Research seminar Spring2013 @ in NYC
- Second Qualifying exam is based on Algorithms, data structure, and similar
- Concat Dr. Paul Benjamin for next semester courses.
- Presentation by Student: Amer Ali (DPS) supervisor: Prof. Tao
- Next Week (11.14.2013):
- Prof. Tao will give a presentation on Combinatorial Optimization
- Aziz ==> summarize a paper on XML documents comparison.