1917:Golda Meir when she was a
school teacher in Milwaukee.
1956: Golda Meir as Minister
of Foreign Affairs.
- 1898- Golda was born Golda Mabovitz on May 3, 1898 in Kiev, Russia.
- 1906- Golda and her family move to Milwaukee, United States.
- 1917- Golda
graduates from Milwaukee Teachers College and marries
Morris Myerson. Golda is an active
Zionist at this time.
Golda moves to Palestine with her husband. Her mission is to
build a Jewish
homeland. In the next few years Golda holds
important positions in
the Jewish Agency (the central Jewish body
in Palestine), and in the World Zionist organization.
- 1945- Golda Divorces her husband.
- 1948- Golda is appointed ambassador to the Soviet Union.
- 1949-Golda is elected Minister of Labour under Jewish government.
becomes Minister of Foreign Affairs; changes her surname
into the Hebrew name 'Meir'.
becomes Secretary General for the Labour Party (holds
this position until
- 1969- Golda is elected Prime Minister of Israel.
- 1973- (October 6) Yom Kippur War.
- 1974-Golda resigns as Prime Minister.
Golda Meir loses her battle to cancer and dies on December 8 in