Q. What do I have to study for the Tests?
Ans. Test 1 will cover chapters 1-4; test 2 will cover chapters 5-8; test
3 will cover chapters 9-11 and chapter 16.
Test 2 will contain the following:
- a media article (see, for example, the article Economic Rehab in the
Media Articles section of the website) with questions on it.
- A question on covered interest rate parity
- A question on one of the following:
- Purchasing power parity
- uncovered interest rate parity
- International Fisher condition
- Short questions on the topics included in the Learning Objectives
Q. What will the format of
the tests be?
A. Here is some information about the format of the tests:
There will be one or more of the following kinds of questions:
- quantitative questions
- media articles (a recent newspaper article, for example; you will
not be given the article ahead of time) with questions on the article
- short concept questions
Q. Give us a sample test.
A. I will give sample questions in class.
Q. Are the tests open book or closed
Ans. Click here for information.
Q. Can I do extra work to improve my
Ans. Sorry. I believe that in order to be fair, I have to give every student
the same opportunity to do extra work. Obviously, this is not feasible.
However, on occasion I will allow you to resubmit an assignment for grade
Q. What can I do to check my
understanding of the material and to prepare for the tests?
- You can do the problems from the end of each chapter.
- You can try to answer the questions at the end of media
- You can read current newspaper and magazine articles on relevant topics
and make up your own questions and articles.